Duty Free Shopping in Vanuatu
Duty-Free stores are typically at airports, cruise ships and port cities. In Vanuatu, it is a little bit different. You will find Duty Free Stores at the airport but the majority of them are located in town.
As the name implies, buying duty-free means there is no local import tax on the product. It is free of import duties and other taxes.
How to buy Duty-Free in Vanuatu?
To buy Duty-Free, you will just need your departure date and your flight number.
Please make sure you do your Duty-Free Shopping 24hours before your departure date as items need to be sent to the airport and check by the Vanuatu customs.
Doing your Duty-Free Shopping in Vanuatu - Allowance
The goods below shall be admitted duty-free provided the quantities are within the following limits:
- Alcohol: 2.25 Litres per adult traveller
- Perfume: Unlimited
- Gifts: Cannot exceed AU$900 per adult traveller (18 years and over) or AU$450 per young traveller (under 18 years old)
- Wine and Beer: 4.5 Litres
- Spirits: 3 bottles (each not exceeding 1.125 Litres)
- Gifts: Cannot exceed NZ $700
- Alcohol: 2 Litres of table wine and 1 Litre of Spirits over 22% volume
- Tobacco: 200 cigarettes
- Perfume: 50 millilitres of perfume and 250 millilitres of eau de toilette
- Other goods: Cannot exceed XPF 30,000 or XPF 15,000 for children under 15
For more information on Duty-Free Shopping in Vanuatu, please refer to the following link: https://customsinlandrevenue.gov.vu/index.php/en/travellers